Published on 04.18.19
Earth Day 2019 | Eco-Friendly Changes You Can Make At Home
Earth Day and spring are right around the corner, meaning it’s the perfect time to make eco-friendly changes around your home. Making your home greener for the Earth not only benefits the planet, but often benefits your life and your finances too!
When you’re making these changes around your home with your friends and family, make sure to snap a photo and show us on Instagram or Facebook because we are holding the Foxquilt Earth Day Photo Contest until the end of April. The photo with the most likes will win a Lunar family membership pass to the Ontario Science Centre! To learn more about how to enter, check out our social media or here.
- Swap in some LED bulbs.
- Use more rags, fewer paper towels.
- Clean the fridge coils.
- And the filter on your dryer.
- Line-dry whenever possible.
- Get a set of dryer balls.
- Shop vintage.
- Get window treatments.
- Use cold water when washing your clothes.
- Get power strips.
- Time for a houseplant.
- Water it using used water.
- Speaking of which, it is time to get a nice water filter.
- Use your totes.
- Get a recycling bin.
- And a compost bin.
- Bypass the elevator.
- Clean out and give away.
- Fill your dishwasher all the way before running it.
- Or run it in the middle of the night.
- Upgrade to a smart thermostat.
- Get a low-flow showerhead.
- Switch to online bill pay.
- Embrace e-readers.
- Use cloth napkins.
- Fix any drippy taps.
- Plant herbs this spring.
- Turn down your water heater.
- Get a decent coffee maker.
- Quit using the oven to make toast.
With our growing production of waste on the planet, it has become imperative to be more conscious of our actions and the way we treat our home. Although these tips are small changes, if we all work together and have power in numbers, we can make a huge difference.